Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Monologue 2

With the declining state of health, I can sense a growing sense of vulnerability in me. A feeling that makes me feel as like crying deep down though the face appears fine.

It seems to be due to the cough, my voice has been sounding as if it would soon go away. The quality of the air isn't as bad as the past weekend but my throat has been feeling very irritated for most of the day, and I was coughing much more today. It now hurts to cough. Somehow, the act of coughing pulls the muscles near the shoulder blade and arm area, and this hurts. I just hope that I can still have the dexterity to play on the double bass this week.

At some time of the day, when the pain feels sore and the discomfort feels bothering, I simply wish I could have a space to retreat. No noise, just space. A space to recharge from this world that saps health away from me.

What may bring health back?

I am feeling tired. Yearning for a rest.

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

holistic exercises/treatment might be helpful. some of these are well attended by our expat community. eg. yoga, relaxation classes, aromatherapy, some using warm oil dripping on the forehead (can't spell it), etc.
something of this nature in a relaxing environment might do wonders for you. got to look out for them. some expat magazines or expat forum pages might feature some of these activities.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Misti, thanks for the tips.

I used to practise (basic level) yoga several years ago. Sustaining the motivation to practise yoga regularly did not come as easy as sustaining my other interests.

Then again, doing yoga then did helped me improve my state of health, and helped me keep slim. Maybe I should start on it again?

mistipurple said...

yes. perhaps join a class again. might be more motivated that way. join an expat group. you might prefer the environment.