Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Thursday without music class

This Thursday is designated as a school holiday by the music school where I take my music theory classes. As such, I am free this evening. In addition, the schedules of my double bass tutor and mine clashed with each other and as such, we were not able to schedule the double bass lesson on today.

It is a strange feeling to have no music-related lesson on a Thursday.

Anyway, I tried to sight read half a page from the first movement of Dragonetti's Solo in e minor tonight. I think it was easier for me to relate to Keyper's Romance and Rondo. Getting the harmonics to sound beautifully and clearly for Keyper's Romance and Rondo is a challenge that I don't mind taking up. It can be quite fun.

Perhaps the next challenge is to understand the locations and the corresponding note of the various harmonics, on the double bass. Emily had gave me a quick overview quite a while ago, but I could not seem to assimilate it yet with understanding. Right now, I locate each of the harmonics required by reading the fingerings marked on the scores.

Today's a Thursday without any music class. I'm feeling a little void. What else in this world could please me a little?

No comments: