Friday, June 08, 2007

Jason's post: Musical Entrepreneurship

Jason Heath has written a series of posts covering the hidden costs associated with freelance work as a musician. The reality: The prospects of being a musician can be quite uncertain. Do read Jason's most recent post, Road Warrior Without an Expense Account Part X—Refocusing (Musical Entrepreneurship) to find out some of the challenges faced by classical music musicians.

So why do people still want to be and continue to be musicians? I quite like how Jason had things phrased:
We musicians know the value of what we do. We know that our art can change lives, create happiness, inspire greatness in others, and simply make the world a more beautiful place. We would sooner die than give up on this amazing language and means of communication.


Read his post.

2 comments:

Jason Heath said...

Thanks so much for the link to my post! I really appreciate it. I like that you quoted the line about the value of what we do. The series about freelancing in the U.S. is kind of dark in tone overall, but I wanted to let folks know that I really DO love music and see huge value in what we all do as musicians.

oceanskies79 said...

Jason: You are most welcome. Thank you for the post.

Yes, I see that music has huge value to contribute to our society. I'm loving it too.