Tuesday, June 14, 2016

1 Jul 2015: A night at Made in Mexico and more



1 Jul 2015:

That evening, I rushed back to the hostel so that I could attend one of the hostel's activities to visit a Mexican and Latin pub. Visiting pub has not been a norm for myself and it was a stepping out of my comfort zone.

The hosts from the hostel brought the group of us who had signed up for the pub activity to this pub called "Made in Mexico".

I was more of an observer and less of a participant at the pub. I listened to the music. Food was good. I ordered a Morelia fries.


Made in Mexico
3950 10th Avenue
New York, NY 10034
http://www.madeinmexico.nyc

***

After visiting "Made in Mexico", our hosts brought us to yet another pub.

By that time, I was too exhausted to even enjoy the music. Interesting, I heard people playing with firecrackers outside this other pub. Most of the people stayed on. I left a little earlier with a few other friends who stayed at the hostel and it was already past 2 a.m. Out of my comfort zone, it was, to be up so late and in a pub,

A night of Mexican and Latin music indeed.

No comments: