Sunday, October 10, 2004

Boring Sunday

It's Sunday. A boring Sunday, it seems, today. My jaw seems to swell a little. I ain't sure if it was due to the removal ofwisdom teeth that I have had about 4 weeks ago. There seems to be no mood to go anywhere. There is a sense of general tiredness, perhaps as a result of an overwhelming week that has just passed?

I went out to buy lunch an hour ago, but I don't have any intention to go anywhere beyond my neighbourhood. The air outdoor has not been fresh, and that has killed any slight temptation to go outdoor for longer than half an hour. So, here I am, back at home, writing this post.

Well, the good side of it is that this morning I have managed to more or less complete the slides for a presentation due about a week and a half later. This gives me a slight sense of accomplishment.

No clue do I have of how to spend the rest of the day. It is one of those days whereby my mind just hate to make any decision. Perhaps it is time to just give oneself the permission to idle, both mentally and physically? Yet, secretly, a part of my mind keeps nudging me with this thought: "Hey, it's Sunday, can't you go out and spend it more fruitfully? It's so boring to stay at home!". I suppose part of the mental fatigue that I have been experiencing since this morning could be attributed to the battle between these two different schools of thought that exist within one single person's mind: to idle, or to pack it with activities.

This could be the real dilemma of this seemingly boring Sunday. Who could be wise enough to determine what entails a fruitful day? I won't dare to say I am. Truly, I think I am feeling lost. What could I do? It is a Sunday.

(Anyway, hang on there, I told myself. It isn't that bad, and it will be over soon enough.)