Monday, October 25, 2004

Fly Plane Fly

I live on a high-rise flat, and if I were to look out of the windows that face towards the east direction, I could see the vague silhouette of the control tower of the Singapore, Changi Airport (This is provided that the weather condition is good and the skies are clear of haze).

Just a few moments ago, I was glancing out of the window that faces the east direction and I saw this silhouette of a plane flying up in the skies. It must have taken off, and will be heading towards its destination.

In retrospection of human's history, it took quite a while before mankind knew and acquired the ability to travel through the skies. It must have taken quite a lot of years of accumulated knowledge and skills, and a lot of perspiration and hope, for human to travel through the skies. Here, I shall pay a humble tribute to the sung and unsung heroes/ heroines who have made air travel possible for mankind.

Possibly, by now, the plane which I had saw is getting closer to its destination by miles or more. Fly Plane Fly. I have no idea how it would feel like to maneuver a plane, but the concept I had in mind is that the plane is soaring up the skies, trying to reach its destination, a dream-land perhaps. It may lose track along the way, but with determination and the right set of skills of its pilot, it is likely to reach its destination.

No comments: