Friday, October 15, 2004

Release Oneself! Relax and Play!

I think I have worked hard this week. Maybe not 24 hours a day, but I had worked rather intensively for the past few days trying to see my clients, write social reports, draft reports to get funding for this group programme which aims to enhance children's self-esteem. Phew, and the work week is going to be over soon.

I am starting to realise that working too long hours may not necessary mean high productivity. I suppose it is trying to find the balance between how to stretch oneself without having to drain oneself. I suppose this is what is termed as "self-care". Admittedly, being someone who prefers closure, I have a tendency to want to work my way to complete everything that is possible. And I am trying to! But well, I shall learn to release myself a little, when it is time to relax and play.

I must say I have been feeling a little deprived lately. I haven't been going anywhere other than work, home, and the vicinities near work and home. This has been the case since Saturday. I think the infection of the jaw affected my mood to go outdoors unless necessary. It just feel tiring to go out when one does not feel well.

Well, well, I am pleased to report that I went out of this constraining routine this evening. Not work, not the vicinities near work or home. I did returned home at the end of the day, but I went out to walk along the Singapore River, and the Art Museum this evening prior to returning home. My newly acquired digital camera has been my companion this evening. And it is not unusual for me that I took delight this evening with my very own company, and of course the company of the digital camera. It is sometimes nice to be with oneself, and to learn to be comfortable with oneself as the one and only company.

Gosh, I have a feeling that I might be bombarded by some of the readers with statements like: "You call this relax and play?". Yes, at least I find it enjoyable to go out and walk along a few of my favourite places. This is probably my way of recreation and leisure. We are all different in perceiving what are deem to be fun, I suppose?

For now, I am feeling a little more relieved and pleased to have had some time this evening to just idle my time away, and to relax and play in my own way. To my readers: Have a good weekend!

No comments: