Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday walk

I realised that for the past three Sundays, I have made it a point to take some time to do some walking.

Firstly, I do not have to work on Sundays. Secondly, it is an excuse to be away from home. There is not much thing to do at home, except for playing the double bass. However, my two brothers will usually wake up very late on Sundays and it will not be polite to play the double bass while they are sleeping. Thirdly, my father will usually be at home on Sundays, and for goodness sake, he will turn on the TV or the radio awfully loud most of the time. I hate noises, they are distracting when I am practising.

Yet, I have not quite the mood for a walk this morning. There was orchestra rehearsal in the afternoon, and I did not quite wish to carry my double bass bow and bow case around the streets.

For today's rehearsal, we played the first movement of Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony. The Bach's Suite No. 2 was pretty challenging to be played on the double bass given its rather fast tempo. Needing more practice to play better.

After rehearsals, I decided to travel to Orchard Road. First and most importantly, I intended to have dinner there. Next, I decided that it would be nice to have a short walk along Orchard Road after dinner. So I did. It was not quite a good choice to walk along Orchard Road for Orchard Road was pretty crowded today. I merely walked some distances, not as much as I had covered for the past Sundays. Eventually, I landed up at the Kinokuniya bookstore located within the vicinity. There seemed to be quite a number of interesting books at the bookstore, but I guess I shall try to see if I could borrow a few of these books the next time I were to be at the library. I was not quite in the mood to purchase books today.

Whatever it is, I did manage to get my Sunday walk afterall.

No comments: