Sunday, February 06, 2005

First Sunday of February

This morning, I left home at about 9.30 a.m. I was to meet two of my friends to celebrate the birthday of one of them. We had planned to meet on the first Sunday of February. The meeting, however, was at 11 a.m.

It was on purpose that I left home early. I had wanted to see if I could take any nice photographs or do a sketch before I meet my friends. I took several photographs of City Hall and the Supreme Court. I heard from the newspapers that in the future to come, City Hall and Supreme COurt will be redeveloped into art museums.

At 11 a.m., I met my friends at Capitol Building. We had planned to eat Japanese food at Sakae Sushi, a Japanese restaurant. However, the Sakae Sushi outlet located at Capitol Building was not yet opened for business at that hour of the day. As such, we left for the Sakae Sushi outlet at Heeren.

When we reached there, we were the first customers for the day! We catched up. Possibly, I listened most of the time. I suppose while I have gifts of my own, I do not quite have the gift of the gab.

We ordered the fruits sorbet for dessert, the apple and the red melon flavour. The difficulty for me is that my throat is rather sensitive, and is prone to cough a lot when I take too much cold food. As such, I could only refrain myself from eating the sorbet. My two friends ate most of the sorbet; I merely took a spoon of each flavour to sample.

Our next meeting set between the three of us will be on the first Sunday of May. I just realised that it happens to fall on a public holiday, i.e. Labour Day. Possibly, we will have more to catch up then.

No comments: