Monday, February 21, 2005

Invitation to the Dances

The orchestra that I am playing in will be having a public performance soon. You are cordially invited to this performance, especially if you happen to be in this part of the world that I reside in on that day.

Here are the details:

FREE ADMISSION
Wednesday, 9 March 2005, 6.30 pm
University Cultural Centre Foyer Level 1, National University of Singapore

The programme is as follow:

J.S. Bach Suite no.2
Sibelius Valse Triste
Saint-Saëns Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso
Tchaikovsky Symphony no.5
I. Andante - Allegro con anima

*******************************************
Yes, admittedly with the performance held from 6.30 p.m., it can be quite an inconvenience to most friends who are working. It is a working day and most people work till 5.30 p.m. at least, and it seems to take most folks quite a while to travel to the venue of the performance. I will actually have to either take time-off or take leave from work just to play for this performance.

Anyway, since I have not much control over the turnout for the performance, I shall not worry much about it. Meantime, I shall just enjoy practising and rehearsing for the performance.

No comments: