Thursday, February 03, 2005

Excuse me, I am getting "Old"

My current stand partner in the orchestra is Her Royal Highness, who is at least 9 years younger than me.

In the orchestra, we share music stands, usually according to the type of instrument that we play. Most of the time, one or two players playing the same kind of instrument would share a music stand. This is background information for my non-orchestra playing readers.

I wonder if I might have been overdoing it. I find myself trying on many occassions to attribute my difficulty in reading small prints, my hard-on-hearing at times and my not-so-perfect memory to me "getting old". Then again, I have only lived slightly more than a quarter of a century, and so I could not be considered as "old" according to the society's standards.

Yet, relatively speaking, I am indeed one of the older members who plays in the orchestra.

Anyway, I shall thank my stand partner for being so kind to bear with all my weird excuses.

Well, on the issue about getting old, I hope that I would be able to age with grace as the years go by.

No comments: