Saturday, June 04, 2005

Accident prone: The injured tongue

It can be a blessing that we don't have eyes on our teeth, or else our eyes would have to bear with being constant witnesses to all those scenes of chewing that happens inside the mouth.

Yet, today, I just wish my teeth could have "eyes", or at least a greater sense of awareness.

While eating lunch this afternoon, I must have been careless and I bit my tongue, the left of it. Now, there is a blister and also a blood clot which looks like blackish-red bubble.

Mystic told me there are chances of getting ulcers. That would be most unfortunate! Certainly if it would happen, it would add to my health woes. Such a pain in the throat and mouth area. I wish health could be my good friend, and it seems it has not quite been one yet. Maybe I shall just live till 26 years old? Living seems quite a chore at times. I could only tell myself that with faith, I shall survive most of the down times. Then urge myself to press on.

Poor health seems to rip one of some joy. I am just trying hard to keep myself going.

If for the next few days I don't feel like talking, please bear with me. It is already not a preferred option for me to express myself verbally. With an injured tongue and a throat that is suffering from coughing, talking seems more unbearable. Writing seems easier.

Not to sure what the week to come would have installed for me. I will be expecting a new supervisor cum director in my office starting the new week. I have no full confidence if I could maintain as much level of autonomy and room for private reflection under the new supervisor. Maybe the lack of confidence comes from the pessimism that I tend to show when health gets not so good. I keep my fingers crossed that the most essential matters would go fine.

Actually, the best thing that could happen is that I could be given the chance to slow down. Maybe the accident was a predestined event?

5 comments:

crazycat said...

ouch!! that is so painful!! if it is any consolation for u, i bit my lip on the same spot for 2 days in a row while eating.. bled , it did..

take vit c, it helps to heal wounds faster!! :)

mistipurple said...

ouch i echo cat! actually i think you show signs of 'heatiness'. try papaya, watermelon. i think i've mentioned this before. 'kenalog' is good for ulcers, it acts as a salve while you heal. do see a doctor even if it is for 'preventive maintenance', a technical term used for machines. we are somewhat machines too i think!

ps. thanks for visiting me at my blog. i left a message for you there! *wink*

Lora said...

Slowdown indeed,it sounds like you need a rest. If it's still good use your slip of a day off. I hope you feel better, mentally and physically, soon.

goldilocks said...

hi PY, don't make such horrible comment ie: "until" 26 years old... it worries those around you.

mistipurple said...

actually that 'until' remark worried me too. but i somewhat understand how you are feeling, esp. with health problems. as you know, i am also struggling with mine. *hugs*
but you will definitely get better. its stress and the bad weather.