Monday, June 20, 2005

Could I survive it all?

Tiring day.

There seems to be heaps of work at the workplace. I shall remind myself not to take up more than I can do. Yet, it seemed like that while I try to close my cases, I end up opening more cases than I have closed. So, it seems, my workload has only chances to increase.

The only consoling things are that I closed a case today, and contacted a few clients whom I had not been taking initiative to contact because I was held up by other work. Then I managed to send a social report out. At least the efforts put into work today won't be too wasted.

Cough remains bad. There's more blood in the phlegm this morning. I could only be thankful that there was no more blood in the phlegm in the later part of the day. For the past day, it seemed as if the blood in the phlegm only appears in the early parts of the day. I keep my fingers crossed that I would get better from the cough. My voice is obviously getting weaker from too much coughing.

My supervisor was thoughtful to get me to try a cough syrup for me. I tried it. Then again, I am not sure if I should drink it tomorrow if she were to offer me that again. I just saw the Chinese traditional medicine doctor this evening after a late session and long day at work, and I was prescribed a new medicine. It may not be advisable to take two different medicine from two different sources. I have no idea how my body may respond to two different treatments for cough.

Stretched is the word, probably. I am trying to be effective, yet my health could not support me to work too hard. So I could only remember this fact and slow down.

I do not like the idea of too much work outstanding. At this rate, before I resign to my fate, I shall consider seriously whether the profession would be for me. Maybe I might be happier trying to pursue my hobbies, i.e. photography, music and visual arts? I needed space, flexibility and room to grow. Work can be satisfying, but too much, I would start to feel overwhelmed.

I can't help but to think that life is indeed one with its sets of pains and tragedies. So I changed my MSN nickname to something that reflects the tragedy side of life.

What I could take comfort in is that the intensity from the tinge of sadness has been reduced. I thank those of you who have left me your well-wishes and concerns. Thank you very much.

Actually, not surviving well, I seemed to be. I just want to hang on there, and have faith that things would improve for me.

Maybe I shall take some breaks here and there from blogging. Then again, I should say that blogging is in itself a therapy for me. It helps to have a space to express oneself.

4 comments:

mistipurple said...

medicines, when taken 6 hours apart, should be safe. normally the advice is just 4 hrs apart. for me, i am a little extreme, or should i say, cautious, so i would wait for at least 6 to 8 hours, depending on how much of medicine there is.

mistipurple said...

eh i read what you wrote again. perhaps it is better to start a new course of medicine if you wish, but 6-8hrs later from the first batch. so, it is not taking two types during the course of the day. otherwise it would be difficult to know which is the one that is working better.

T.K. Chapman said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

tonia

Lora said...

I'm sorry you still aren't feeling better.

I tagged you for a the 5 things I miss about my childhood meme. I hope you'll play, but if you're not feeling up to it just let me know and I'll tag somebody else.

http://blackcurrantjam.blogspot.com/2005/06/meme-5-things-i-miss.html