Saturday, June 25, 2005

Prince Charming

If you were to ask me, my prince charming will be my dear double bass. He looks so solid and sturdy. If you doubt my words, please click on this link to take a look at my dear double bass.

Work has been busy and for the past week my health has not been good. I seem to be losing time to spend with my prince charming. When I do practise on the double bass, I ended up spending more time practising on the double bass belonging to the orchestra. That is yet another prince charming. I could only be very thankful that the two prince charmings are unlikely to be jealous with each other. They are devoted and loving instruments, aren't they?

Anyway, last night, I spent about 45 minutes with my prince charming, that belongs to yours truly (and not the orchestra). I attempted to practise and work through the first few pages from F. Simandl's New Method for the Double Bass Book II (Edited and Annotated by Lucas Drew). Book II is more challenging than Book I. I am hoping to work through more pages of Book II.

It was pleasant to spend time with Prince Charming, otherwise referred to as my husband. He brings me some joy after a very long and tiring day. Actually, I was so tired that I had not wanted to spend time with him initially. Anyway, I was glad that I did spend time with practising.

No comments: