Saturday, June 18, 2005

A friend's birthday

Today is the birthday of one of my friends. Happy Birthday to this friend.

But sadly to say, I had no blessing to keep and maintain the friendship. Somehow, some years ago, it just went away like a bubble blown into the air, and "pop" it goes. Despite attempts to save the friendship, it seemed it had to end. I was upset and disappointed, but I have learnt to respect and allow my friend to make the choice.

So I just have to learn to move on with my life (and continue to make friends with others) and send this friend of mine my blessings and wishes.

I suppose I owe my friend an apology for I could have been too ignorant of how to be a good friend, at least to this friend of mine. I have my failings.

Having written to this point, I think I might have owe countless of apologies to many of my friends in some ways or another. While I hate to think that I could have disappointed or hurt some of them at some point in time, but I guess this could be very possible. So if you happen to be one of those people whom I owe an apology to, "I am sorry".

If you would value our friendship, could you please let me know how I could be a good friend to you? I may simply not know.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I do hope you're feeling a little more at peace by the time you read this.

I always hate it when I have to loose a friend. Frankly it hasn't happened that often, usually people just end up moving or drifting away.

I think that the best way to be a good friend is to share yourself honestly and to worry less about what other's think of you. Mainly that means getting more comfortable with yourself. It's a long road.

Mystic obviously likes you and likes spending time with you and must appreciate your sense of humor ar else she wouldn't spend as much time with you as she does.

Hilda said...

I pretty much lost my best friend since childhood and I don't think I will ever quite get over it. We still talk occasionally but more like acquaintances than near sisters now. It hurts me very much still that we are no longer close and I miss her a lot. I realize now that I had many failings as a friend and I don't blame her for chosing to end the friendship. But I did talk to another friend who insists that I apologize to my childhood friend and try to make amends. I am scared though. I am afraid I would make things even worse and that then we'd never talk at all. Also I need more courage in order to do that. Perhaps I will be able to in the near future. I think she might be understanding and realize that I was immature before and that now I am capable of being a good friend. Perhaps your friend would understand that too?