Monday, January 01, 2007

A tribute to one of my teachers



Last Wednesday, I received a text-message via the mobile phone from one of my ex-classmates. I was informed that our ex-biology-teacher, Mrs Che, had passed away on 25 Dec 06 and that the wake was on that very day.

I remember Mrs Che (Mdm Tan S. L.) as one of the most dedicated and caring teachers that I had. She would go an extra mile to enlighten her students with the various concepts of the subject of biology. She showed sincere concern for her students and would even go the extra mile to set aside time for students to consult her after lesson time.

Present at the wake that day were quite a number of her ex-students and many others who have came to pay their respect to her. I felt a sense of grief having to see her body lying in the casket. On the other hand, I was comforted by the knowledge that she, like all the teachers who have made a positive difference in the lives of their students, will continue to live in our hearts and memory even after they have left this world. Perhaps that is what people call eternity?

No comments: