Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas Party

Tonight, my office threw a Christmas party for the staff of our department. Special thanks to the two staff-in-charge who had planned for and organised this party.

Half-way the party I was already feeling drained. This must have been the result of too much accumulated tiredness from the day. Yours truly has a weakness of being easily drained by excessive interaction with the external environment, especially when there is limited quiet time to recharge.

I think I was not born to party. I would rather have sat there watching people play games, eat and be merry during the party, and then thinking why people were motivated by such activities when I was not.

For me, a good Christmas party at the office is when I could have peace and quietness, enjoy nice Christmas songs which have wonderful harmonies, and have more intimate interactions with my colleagues in small groups or one-to-one (to get to know them better). This is possibly a reflection of the preference of an INFJ.

For now, all I wish is a silent night to recharge.

No comments: