Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cold weather

Metaphorical and literal.

I have no idea what was the average temperature for yesterday, but it was pretty cold last night. It is not the below zero degrees Celsius kind of cold, but it was considered cold in Singapore's standard. I believe quite a number of bloggers from Singapore could have written about it today.

Anyway, simple gestures of kindness do touch the heart. Warming the heart in this cold weather. Feeling very melancholic today, and it is those simple gestures that helped one see a brighter side of life. Thanks HP for generously offering me a bottle of Yakult this afternoon. While I must clarify that I am not an ardent lover of Yakult, it was the kind gesture that came in a dark weather that can bring some sparks of light to the receiver.

Maybe the moral of the story is be kind, irregardless. You can never know how your simple act of kindness may lift another person's day.

No comments: