Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday out

*Yawn*. Please excuse me. I have somehow been feeling tired lately. Both emotionally and physically. Four hours of walking yesterday and the walking today have left my feet and legs feeling pretty tired at times.

***
Met XH for lunch this afternoon. She showed me the photographs and video clips that she had taken during her trip to Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Nanjing (if I remember correctly). I was told that people in Suzhou are very nice in the way that they relate to people. Saw some beautiful sceneries of these places from XH's photographs and video clips.

XH took time and kindly shared with me quite a fair bit of the storyline of Harry Potter. I am not the best student of this subject, but at least her sharing would help me to make better sense of the plot when I watch the movie in the next week.

***
Meantime, perhaps the question on my mind was how the author, J.K. Rowling, found the way to use her talents and gifts to her advantage. I read that she loves writing. How does one find out what one's gifts are, and make a sustainable living from one gifts? And if everyone does make good use of one's gifts, does that mean the world would be blessed with people who are finally able to realise their potential?

Pardon me, I have much more questions than I have answers.
***

Overall, it was a nice lunch appointment today with a pleasant friend. I walked off with a bit more knowledge in subjects that I may otherwise not even discuss or think about if I were left on my own.

Headed to visit maternal grandmother after parting with XH.

***

Right now, the next thing on the mind is to figure out how to beat the sense of lethargy and feel a bit more alive again.

2 comments:

pinkie said...

On the contrary, I would rather watch the show first, then discuss with someone then to know everything about it before tat...

oceanskies79 said...

But I have not watched the first few episodes of Harry Potter. Sorry, I probably didn't mean the plot of the movie, but more so the nature of the characters and the essence of the storyline.