Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Last night's movie

Last night, I had the pleasure to be invited to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. My friend, XH, got the tickets for the movie.

She sat with a group of children whom she had volunteered to supervise for a programme held yesterday. I hope she has had some fulfilling moments with the children.

Yesterday's show was the first Harry Potter movie that I have watched. It was alright in standard. The visual effects were nice. However, I felt something lacking in its emotional content as protrayed by the actors/actresses. Maybe I had expected more. Pardon me, I felt in no position to comment further, because I am not a keen movie-goer nor a loyal reader of Harry Potter books.

Anyway, watching the movie was a break from the routine, and a means to understand what makes Harry Potter popular with many people out there. Thanks again to XH for the invitation.

2 comments:

pinkie said...

think I can only catch the movie after my exams :(

Anonymous said...

I refuse to watch or read any of the Potter stuff. I cannot believe someone with such an idiotic name can have such great adventures ... ;)