Sunday, May 29, 2005

The evening begs us to slow down


Singapore civic district, taken in the evening. Posted by Hello

I woke up at 9 a.m. this morning. Unusually late for an early-riser.

The throat is still sore from yesterday. I must have been having symptoms of flu? Or was I getting ill soon? A little feverish.

It looks like I have to postpone my plans to go on a sketching trip originally scheduled for this afternoon. Rest would be what I would most need. Yet, I fear it can be stifling to be at home the entire day. I like being able to look at beautiful scenes and to share them. Maybe I should be a photographer or artist? I am confused. I do not know what I am meant to contribute to the world in this very lifetime.

Anyway, here is sharing a photograph that I had taken yesterday. If I have done a good job in capturing the beauty and melancholy of the evening, my readers would start to find that Singapore can be quite a beautiful place. A remote thought here, perhaps the Singapore Tourism Board could consider engaging me to take photographs to promote Singapore.

Since the hidden notion behind this post is to rest and to slow down, I shall hence give the post the title as above-mentioned. Please take some time to look beyond the superficiality of the mere external images of buildings. For within this photograph, you might experience the restfulness of the evening.

3 comments:

crazycat said...

sore throat? try taking lots of vit c and avoid talking too much
:)

mistipurple said...

i cross-blogged from cat, to answer your vit c enquiry. i should think 500mg is about enough. it is water soluble and would wash out of your system anyway. don't take it together with, say a caffeine drink (coffee, tea) as it would 'kill' off a little of it.

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks folks for your concern. I am still trying to recover.