Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tiring Tuesday

It is just Tuesday, second day of the work week. Yet, by the time I left office at about 9 p.m. at night, I felt awfully exhausted. One of my colleagues asked me some work-related questions, and I had to excuse myself from answering because I felt too drained to concentrate on answering the questions.

Tuesday is indeed a long day. I could only delight myself with the thought that I will be claiming time-off from work tomorrow's afternoon. Then I would set off for double bass sectionals and orchestra rehearsals.

Work is satisfying, but I wish I could either have a personal assistant, or I could have less cases on my hands. It can get awfully uneasy when I have too much work more than I could finish. Of course, I don't expect to have all work done by the end of day. Work just keeps coming in. But I don't like having the feeling that there is more backlogs than I could comfortably accept. Maybe my readers could pray hard for me that I am rich enough to afford a personal assistant, or to have less cases. Me and my wishes.

Anyway, yours truly is now feeling more energised with blogging. Perhaps too much interaction with the external world does drain some of my energy. Coming home and facing a computer monitor, and writing my blog helps ease me from tiredness a bit. I think the nice warm bath that I had just now has helped me feel more refreshed.

Well, hopefully tomorrow would be better.

5 comments:

crazycat said...

tmr will be a better day.. why leh? cos u will be well rested and be able to begin the day with zest!! btw, blogging have its positive effect on people.. that's why its so addictive! ;p

mistipurple said...

dear ocean, would it be possible to ask your immediate supervisor to put in a recommendation for an assistant? it does sound like you are loaded with paper work. if they do not have the budget for this year, perhaps they could factor that in for the next?

i agree with cat. i do look forward each day (and night), coming in to check on you guys, or rather, gals heh!

Lora said...

I find the same thing happens to me. I'll feel completely overloaded and frazzled, but once I start typig I start to feel much better.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Mistipurple, I wish I could recommend as you had suggested.

Then again, with my organisation being a voluntary welfare organisation, and that the funding bodies only fund a particular number of staff, I could only pray hard for that one day my organisation receives a billion dollars donation. That would make it financially sound enough to hire more assistants.

pinkie said...

Think I know how you feel... we are doing about the same thing... when cases pile up, I know it won't help panicking, so I'll stay cool even if I face pressures from the top and side, I can't be bothered!