Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the13th, a tiring day

Today has been such a tiring day somehow. By the end of the work-day, I felt terribly tired.

There were three almost back-to-back sessions with clients this afternoon. I managed to survive and performe as best as is required, yet I was pretty drained at the very end. Next time, I shall schedule longer breaks in-between each session to give allowances for unforeseen circumstances.

Embarrassing to say, I was so tired that I was at a "half-asleep" mode when I was listening to a concert by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra this evening. Please pardon me, I was too tired, so the music must be heavenly fantastic before I could be made more alert.

The concert was alright, but I was tired. Shlomo Mintz was the conductor for the concert, and he was also the violin soloist. It was noteworthy to know that he conducted the orchestra from the violin tonight, while playing the solo violin for Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 61. I think his sound on his instrument was pretty good. It was clear and refined, to my ears. It was just a pity that I was too tired to appreciate his playing fully.

I think Shlomo Mintz must have played very well. I saw many people from the audience giving standing ovations.

But truly, after sitting through the concert and wishing I had been less tired, the next thought on my mind was to get home to rest and relax. So, I shall end the post here. I needed a rest soon.

2 comments:

Lora said...

It sounds like you've bad a very busy week. Sweet dreams , Pei Yun. I hope that you are able to sleep in tomorrow

mistipurple said...

yeah, it's the weekend! hope u can get your well deserved rest!