Monday, May 16, 2005

Remote (Arafura Games)

Talking about being remote, I shall write in this post about a topic far from my usual topics.

I am no sports person, so I shall write a post here that would be sports related.

Until yesterday, I have no idea that Darwin is a name of a place located in Australia, so here's more reason for being remote. For those who do not know yet, it is alright. I started being ignorant. Darwin is, in the best of my knowledge, the capital of Australia’s Northern Territory

Have anyone of you heard of the Arafura Games? If you have, I will praise you for being in touch with the world of sports. I don't know, until I searched google.com for "Darwin" yesterday. The Arafura Games is now a leading international sporting competition for the developing athletes of the Asia-Pacific region.

If I am correct, the Arafura Games has its name inspired by the Arafura Sea. The Arafura Sea is a shallow part of the Pacific Ocean, between the Timor and Coral seas, separating Australia from New Guinea. If you visualise it on the map, it is the body of water joining Northern Australia and South East Asia.

For more information on the Arafura Games, please visit http://www.nt.gov.au/cdsca/dsr/arafura/2005/welcome.html

Here is wishing all contestants and participants of the Arafura Games all the best. Give your best.

No comments: