Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bravo

Mozart is a genius where it comes to composition.

**

I attended the Singapore Symphony Orchestra's Mozart's 250th birthday: Jupiter Symphony concert this evening. It was an all-Mozart programme.

I like the orchestra's rendition of the Clarinet Concerto in A major and the Symphony No. 41 in C major. The soloist for the clarinet concerto did a pretty good job, and overall, the musicians were pretty sensitive in their playing and the orchestra sounded together. I enjoyed the concert overall. Nice sound, and a good ensemble.

**

Had the pleasure to have a friend, J, to accompany me to catch the concert together. Met her and her boyfriend, D for a dinner before the concert as well. I realised my forte is not in making small talks, so I did not speak a lot during the dinner.

**

Back to the concert, I am not sure if I had been paying too much attention to the music during the concert, I felt my mind was rather heavy after leaving the concert hall. But I did not mind it. This was one concert where I had paid attention and did not feel sleepy during the concert.

The pain in the hip area came back again for a brief moment when I was walking to the nearby MRT station. I know, I have not been compliant with the medication. The doctor told me that the pain is likely due to a strain of the muscles at the hip area, and would take quite some time to go away. I was given muscle relaxant that comes with pain-killing effect. Anyway, the medication did say "take when necessary, after food". I decided not to take the medication today.

Tomorrow will be Sunday. My family will be having dinner together in one restaurant tomorrow. This is to celebrate the birthday of my parents and my youngest brother. All the three of them are born in the month of February.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

as mitsuko uchida said, "mozart is like the air."
i like mozart when it is played well. *wink*

oceanskies79 said...

i like mozart well played too. =)