Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Time to party


Clarke Quay, taken from Riverside Point


I have often not like parties because I find them draining for myself. I don't enjoy the small talks. I don't enjoy the noise. Many parties often play music that do not bring comfort to my ears.

My idea of a good party would be something that interests the mind. A nice scene like the one above. A scene with many interesting things to see. A scene whereby one could see different subject matter when one looks from various perspectives. This moment, I could see Ju Ming's sculptures. Another moment, I could put my attention on the Fort Canning Hill. Yet another, I could be fascinated with the shophouses that are painted in bright colours. That is good party to me. A party that happens in my mind. The world out there is quiet and still, but one is actively interested in an enriching mix of inner experiences, internally.

Anyway, this post shall announce that it is time to party in my own way. Three members of my family are celebrating their birthday in the month of February. Misti's birthday is also around the corner. Here's also to wish SG a 'Happy Birthday'. Her birthday had passed a week ago. Happy Birthday and many happy returns, folks.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

thank you py. i am very touched. :)

mistipurple said...

here's also wishing everyone whose birthday is in february!