Thursday, February 09, 2006

More mistakes

Mistakes need not be costly.

A fornight ago, my music theory teacher gave me an assignment consisting of three questions. The task is to add the soprano, alto and tenor parts to the given bass parts.

That assignment had taken me a while to complete. I took more than one an a half hour for these three questions.

Today came the time when the assignment was reviewed. Mistakes and more mistakes. I made at least one mistake for every question. But I should be seeing things on the brighter side. At least I have managed to get most of the cadences correct, and I did manage to get some parts correct.

So my entire 45 minutes music theory lesson this evening was spent trying to correct the mistakes and to enhance my understanding of how to approach harmony-related questions.

I only managed to correct two questions. Anyway, it was good to be given sufficient time to correct the mistakes and to understand how one could do better the next time.

Today, I was given another three questions under the same topic of first inversions of triads. Another round of mind-bogging things to do. Yet, I am not complaining, the amount of work given by the music-theory-teacher has been realistic.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

one reason why i've stopped. and i have less patience than you. and you know my brain is not put together like yours.

pinkie said...

glad u enjoy your music work.