Thursday, February 16, 2006

The neglected music?



Yesterday, I had double bass lesson with the tutor. He showed me how I could actually manage a seemingly difficult passage in Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21. The right-hand technique counts.

After the double bass lesson, it was orchestra rehearsal. The orchestra played the entire Brahms' Second Symphony from the first movement to the last. This time, we sounded better than the previous. I am looking forward to share the music in about 8 days time.

Yet, I wonder if the music that we would be sharing has been much neglected and overlooked? Brahms' symphonies are nice to hear and the Mozart's piano concerto will be something to look forward to. However, ticket sales have been slower than expected. Would the miracle happen? I keep my fingers crossed.


A Night of Enchantment
by NUS Symphony Orchestra (NUSSO) with Konstantin Scherbakov
National University of Singapore, University Cultural Centre, Hall, Friday, 24 February 2006, 7.30 p.m.


Tickets at $13 each (includes SISTIC fees).

No comments: