Saturday, February 04, 2006

Friday night out

Yesterday was Friday. I decided I needed to be out for a walk. It did not start out too well though. I was having some kind of discomfort in my tummy intermittently. The kind of feeling made me visit the ladies more frequently than one would normally do within that given span of time.

Mortality. It is something that I am realising at this age of mine, and even earlier.

Friday seems to be a crowded day. I was at Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Yesterday was the opening day of Huayi - Chinese Festival of Arts. Somehow, Esplanade was pretty crowded with people last night. To a point, it became unbearable, I left. Anyway, I felt I did not fit anywhere.

Later, I wanted to find a cafe to sit down, and to have a drink of something chocolate-containing. The search took about than an hour, and lots of walking about. I must have been fussy. I wanted a place which is relatively not too crowded with people. I walked from Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay, checking out the cafes that I know. I walked, and most of the cafes were crowded, even though it was beyond 9 p.m. by then. It was Friday, perhaps?

After much walking, I reached Plaza by the Park (which was located somewhere nearby the Singapore Art Museum). There's a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf outlet there. This cafe was comparatively much more quieter, and had less crowd. That seemed an ideal place for me to get a drink. I got myself an ice-blended drink, which was a risk, for I tend to cough after drinking cold drinks. Anyway, the place proved to be quiet enough.

I drank and experienced the world passing by. The discomfort stayed.

No comments: