Saturday, March 05, 2005

Introversion: The often misunderstood orientation

This blog, Outer Life, has some interesting recent posts on introversion.

I am an introvert myself, but I am not shy. If I had seen you on the streets by chance but I do not go up to you to strike a conversation, it is not that I do not like you. It is because I needed space and time to myself. I dread the thought of having to make small talks when I needed quiet time. The best I could do under those circumstances is to acknowledge that I have seen you by nodding my head or giving you a genuine smile.

Outer Life has also put up a link to an insightful article. It's Caring for Your Introvert. By Jonathan Rauch, The Atlantic Online.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

hmm.. that makes me a introvert too, definitely so!