Thursday, March 31, 2005

Last midnight I had difficulties posting

Due to some technical problems, I had difficulties posting last night.

Anyway, yesterday, I started the day feeling pretty tired. Somehow I felt not too well. I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent earthquake at Northwestern Indonesia? The earthquake occured just past midnight on 30 March.

Thank goodness I managed to survive the work day. I was facilitating a group programme for children at a school yesterday afternoon. It went better than expected, thanks to the children for being more cooperative and participative.

I took time-off after 2.05 p.m. yesterday, so I travelled to the university to prepare for sectional and rehearsal. I feared I may not muster enough energy for sectional, but my worries were unfounded. Possibly, playing music can help recharge a person and heal him/ her from lethargy? I practised on my own before the sectional. I felt better by the time sectional started.

Sectional went well. There were lots of learning points. I sometimes wonder if I should be spending more time practising the double bass. Lately, playing the double bass has been satisfying and enriching.

Rehearsal was fun. Finally, we played the fourth movement of Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony. It was challenging for the double bass, but also satisfying to play.

We also played Mendelssohn's Fingals Cave. I felt the orchestra sounded commendable considering that yesterday was the first time that it had rehearsed Fingal's Cave. Alright, I had played Fingal's Cave with the orchestra, but that was at least six years ago.

However, it was as if playing music expended a lot of my energy, I felt pretty tired after rehearsal. Yet, I was not as tired after rehearsal as compared to when I had started my day yesterday morning. I wonder what was wrong with me yesterday morning?

No comments: