Friday, April 01, 2005

30 March 1853

Thanks to Waterfall for reminding me that 30 March was the day of Van Gogh's birthday.

Vincent Van Gogh is one of my favourite artists. The title of this post reads his date of birth. There is a website that I recommend you to check out if you would like to find out more about Vincent Van Gogh. It is: http://www.vangoghgallery.com.

Talking about Vincent Van Gogh, I happen to hear this song titled "Vincent" by Don McLean when I was returning to my office after I had lunch this afternoon. This was a song that I won't mind listening, and in fact I had wanted to get myself a recording of it, but have never got down to doing so. It was a pleasant surprise to have found it by sheer chance. The song was recorded on a compilation CD album, and the album was affordable and reasonably priced. Being tempted, I bought a copy of the album. Yes, I must say I have a liking for melancholic tunes.

If you would like to view the lyrics for Vincent, please click here.
(http://www.vangoghgallery.com/misc/mclean.htm)

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

vincent's my favorite too! melancholic tunes.. ya me too!