Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stretched

I am feeling rather stretched by work for quite some time. I try to manage this feeling by ensuring that I get refreshing breaks during the weekends. That helps. Practising on the double bass helps too.

Then again, it has came to a point that my body is feeling physically tired such that I felt I needed a rest and that I was too tired to practice productively.

The past few practice sessions on the double bass has been productive to some extent, yet I observed that progress has been slower than I used to be. I thought that was part of the normal process of practising: that there will be times progress seems negligible. But there seems more to it. I just needed to give my body the rest it would need so that I could rest and recharge from the hectic workday.

It is so strange, there is so much work to do already with more than "x" cases on my individual caseload (allow me to keep it confidential). Yet, I feel that there seems to be lack of appreciation that this load is going to get much more than I could comfortably manage. I already hold one of the heaviest caseload at where I work.

If I only had to manage cases and no more (then again, if this has been the case, I may be bored from the lack of variety), I might just have enough time to manage. However, there are paper work to be done after almost every sessions with my clients, and there are programmes to conduct and to plan for. These add to the load and stretched me to my maximum. Maybe I should be thankful that I am still able to preserve my sanity thanks to my dear double bass and my interest in walking about.

Anyway, for today, I will have to depend on taking time to rest to preserve my sanity.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

sounds like you are overloaded with work. in an office environment, the conscientious worker tends to get more work. this may be due to alot of factors. sometimes the "bad" worker gets away with less!
dear ocean, i am glad your walks helps you to unwind. remember i am with you "in spirit" when you go on your walks and when you are bogged down with work. jia yu..

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you can find some rest to rejuvenate. Eat an extra serving of raw vegetables - I know you like them, and they're a great energy source! :-)

Stephanie
http://thedailyvegetable.com