Friday, April 08, 2005

Not the best practice but I did fine

The week has been tiring, and the good news is that weekends is here.

When I got home from work, I took time to settle down. Then I decided not to spend too much time on the computer or the internet. I got ready my instrument, the double bass, and started practising.

Trying to catch up on playing scales, I spent close to an hour playing the Bb major scales and the g minor scales. Possibly playing along with a recorded piano accompaniment from Don Hermann's Accompanied Rudiments Course. My playing sounded alright, though the quality of the tone that I had produced was no where near fantastic. Sometimes, I wish I could have the luxury of time and resources to have more lessons with my tutor, then I might be able to refine my posture.

During the lesson earlier this Wednesday, my tutor corrected my posture for playing detache bow strokes. I tried to practise this evening that but I felt the results are yet to be satisfactory. I hope I will figure that out with time.

Later, I took a break. After the break, I spent about half an hour practising the first and second movement of the Marcello's Sonata in g minor on the double bass. I managed to get more acquainted with the fingerings, but I felt I could still improve on the intonation. Yet, in general, I played this sonata better than when I had played it about a month or two ago.

Tonight's practice was not the best, but I supposed I did fine. Hopefully the next one would be better.

No comments: