Thursday, April 28, 2005

Last Thursday of April 2005

Yours truly has been worn out by the work day. At the end of the work day, I felt my head was spinning. My head simply felt heavy at that time.

Earlier the day, I do not know why, but I felt I was pretty drained just before lunch and during lunch hours. It took me some time before I could recharge. One of my ways of recharging is to be quiet, and allow my mind to rest. This method did take some time before I could see its effects, but it worked nevertheless.

By the way, the colleagues were nice and took some time to celebrate the birthday of yours truly and another colleague just before lunch. I appreciate their thoughts and wishes, and I was very glad that they did not get me to play games or perform an item for them. It has been quite a common practice for the birthday lady or gentleman to play a game and achieve the objectives of the game, as if to entertain the rest of the colleagues. I prefer celebrations kept simple. No frills. But birthday celebrations can be demanding to my energy, so that could be why I felt drained by lunch hours.

Perhaps I have been working quite hard for the day, I felt so weary by the end of the work day that I felt my mind was not functioning well for any more demand. On the way hand, I had kept my fingers crossed that dinner would have bring my mind to focus again.

Dinner did helped my nerves loosen up a bit. I took some time to rest before finding company in the double bass. My favourite company has not failed me, playing on it has helped stimulate my mind and helped me relieve some of my stresses. Playing on the double bass seems to give me an outlet for expresion. I played several melodies from Hartley's Double Bass Solo 1. In addition, I practised certain sections from Mendelssohn's Fingals Cave.

So now, I do not feel that my mind was as heavy as when I left home from work. Thanks to the double bass.

No comments: