Sunday, September 28, 2008

13 Sep 2008: A lovely dinner with RL

Dinner. The yummy appetizers. Free-flow, I heard.
I was later informed that the glutinous rice with green bean paste (Songpyun) were actually the Korean version of mooncakes.



After a refreshing visit to the Royal Botanic Gardens, both RL and I headed for dinner. RL recommended me to a Korean restaurant. It seems that there are quite a number of Korean immigrants in Sydney.

Along the way to the restaurant, we passed by the church that RL attends in Sydney. We walked along Pitt Street. Pitt Street is the street that is parallel to George Street.

If my memory did not fail me, the Korean restaurant that we went to was located along Goulburn Street (?). RL kindly obliged to my request for her to decide on what to have for dinner. Yours truly was in the recharging mode by the evening after a day of travelling and was having difficulties making quick decision about what to eat for dinner! Dear RL was thoughtful to avoid choosing dishes that contains red meat. Many thanks to RL.

Now just sit back and savour how the two ladies managed to finish up our servings of Korean food.

Bimbibah, before it was mixed.


Korean Ginseng & Bimbibab. This photo was taken by RL.




Do you see how much we have enjoyed the dinner?

Dinner was delicious and the company was good. I didn't expect that I would have one of my most memorable Korean dinners in Sydney, Australia. Yummy.

Last but not the least, many thanks to RL for her thoughtfulness in getting me my first souvenir from Sydney.

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

are you more inclined towards vegetarian food these days?

glad you enjoyed your korean food whilst in oz!

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: I love vegetables. Err...actually, I try to make sure I get my daily servings of vegetables. Furthermore, nowadays I avoid eating red-meat, and seafood (except fish).

Yes, Korean food is lovely. I think the good company makes it even more delicious.

Doreen said...

I love Korean food! I think their food is very appetizing.

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: It is appetizing. :)

eastcoastlife said...

There is quite a number of Koreans in Melbourne too. I had yummy Korean meals when I was there.