Monday, January 16, 2006

Back to much younger days?

Today, I felt like I was back to the times when I was in Primary School. In order to wake up in time for my early appointment (7 a.m.) with one of my clients today, I practised the discipline to sleep early last night.

Anyway, I was already feeling tired by 10 p.m. last night from doing the music theory exercises, the rehearsals and the crowds at Orchard Rd (I was there for dinner last night).

Strange dream that I had last night. I dreamt that I was late for the appointment and could not reach there in time. What a dream. It woke me up at 5.20 a.m. this morning with my heart beating fast.

**
Ever since I have graduated from junior college, it has not really been usual for me to wake up that early in the morning. Thank goodness that I am quite a morning person and sleeping early last night has helped.

Anyway, somehow waking up so early and being on the MRT train ride with quite a number of students who are travelling to their schools reminded me of the times when I was in secondary school. I had to wake up quite early to be in time for school. It usually took about 40 minutes to travel from home to school in the morning. So in those days, I would have to wake up when the skies were still dark and travel to school under the dark skies. Yet, there was delight in the peaceful dark skies at times. The air would feel refreshing in the early morning.

**
Anyway, I have managed to see my client this morning. Hopefully my client would reap a lot of benefits from this meeting. That alone will be enough to make up for the very slight inconvenience on my end.

From another perspective, there were blessings arising from this slight inconvenience. I could enjoy a refreshing morning air and a peaceful early morning skies.

4 comments:

mistipurple said...

you're very dedicated. may God bless you! :)

dreaming-neko said...

mornings are very rejuvinating and fresh... except for those that slept only 2 hours the night before! :)

pinkie said...

u ended with a positive note... tat's good

Jammie J. said...

i'm afraid, were it me going to the early meeting, the client would have been the recipient of rude grunts.

bless you for thinking of the fresh air. :)