Friday, January 06, 2006

Slipped and fell

Wet days aren't my days.

Today, I was returning to office after making a homevisit to one of my clients' place. It was drizzling. The floor was wet and slippery.

The first occasion, I almost tripped and fell but found my balance. But I don't seem to be good to avoid the ill fate of falling. On the second occasion, I fell. Now my right wrist hurts a little and so is the right side of my leg and arm. It is not painful, but I am bothered by the fact that my right arm is aching from the fall.

Can you folks allow me to whine a little and pout for a short while?

*frowned face*

***
The thankful thing was: a kind lady who was walking to the nearby bus-stop with a little girl came towards me to ask if I was alright. She advised me to stand for a while and find my sense of balance before I start walking.

**
Maybe that is how the day was trying to be kind on me? Could the day be nicer on me? I don't quite wish to find enough reason to justify that the world was not meant for me.

4 comments:

pinkie said...

To almost slipped the first time and fell on the second, it's time to change your shoes?

oceanskies79 said...

Yah, am intending to do that. Any recommendations on where I could get a decent pair of good walking shoes?

mistipurple said...

o dear.
shoes recommendations would be one that has a good grip on its base. i haven't bought a pair for about 5 yrs. yep, its insoles have taken a toil, that's why i bought some (insoles) end of last year.

goldilocks said...

rub your wrist with some ointment, okay? until the pain is no longer there.