Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cheers and more

On 24 Mar 2007, I had a bit of a sun-tanning session at Plaza Singapura while I was there supporting my youngest brother as his team was participating in the Cheerobics 2007 (Open Category) competition. The sun did me good, I hope. I became a little more darker after that day.

Back to Cheerobics 2007, a cheerleading competiton, I found one of the items put up by members from Denvers' to be inspiring and touching.

In most cheerleading performances, most of those people who get to be carried up onto the air (also known as the flyer) would be the lighter ones. But Denvers have proven to us that anyone and everyone can enjoy the fun and joy of cheerleading. Everyone deserves a fair chance. Denvers did so by choosing to lift up a not-so-light member of its team up above ground level. At that moment, I could not help but cheer. The magical moment proved to me that nothing is too difficult to overcome.

Competence and techniques count, not the superficial physical attributes. Cheers to Denvers for showing us the possibilities.

So folks, next time if you think that cheerleading is only for a prescribed group of people, think again. It is meant for anyone, including yourself. Of course, do ensure you get the relevant training before you attempt the stunts. Meantime, please check this clip right below out and you would know how uplifting it can be to be lifted up above ground level. Click on and experience the triumphs, the joys and the inspiration.



Source: Video-clip posted on YouTube by infusedpizza


Also view the entire clip of Denvers' Team A's performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qCbf4R8mw

Here's the URL to catch the entire Denvers' team in their action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQJ_Y5_kA8A

While searching for related articles, I came across this link. It has some noteworthy reads.

Special words of congratulations to my brother and his team from Denvers. Well done! I am proud of you folks.

**
The very much coveted trophies await their winners.


Also view:
The Electric New Paper: Photo Gallery
http://sports.webshots.com/album/558340200pPowUe
Cheerobics 2007, NTU Aces team (Youtube video of the winning team)
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/corpcomms2/news/CNAonline_24Mar07_NTUaces.pdf

2 comments:

pinkie said...

Let me turn back the clock and be young once again and I'll join cheerleading definitely!!!

Envy young people these days... lotsa exciting stuff for them...

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: I think you can still join if you want to. Age is not the limiting factor. I think Denvers accepts adults too.