Sunday, July 31, 2005

Awfully tired

My feet are feeling tired and my shoulders aching. I don't know why. Could it be due to too much walking in the rain yesterday?

Today I attended a friend's Malay wedding. I hope to write a brief post about it when I am feeling less tired tomorrow.

In the afternoon, I played The Elephant. Our conductor sat in to listen and he gave quite encouraging remakrs, and some useful suggestions. He said I could play The Elephant twice. Afterall, the entire work itself is very short. (Much less than five minutes.) He asked if I would be playing other item, I could consider playing a sonata but after much thought, I would rather not. It takes much more time to prepare to play a sonata well.

We had orchestra rehearsals at about 2 p.m. We rehearsed the second and the third movement of Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony. Then we went through selected sections from the Butterfly Lovers Violin Concerto. We also did sight-reading for Max Bruch's Violin Concerto - G minor. There were some challenging double bass parts in Bruch's Violin Concerto. I keep my fingers crossed that I could manage it when we play this in Aberdeen as part of the combined orchestra for the Gala concert.

During rehearsals, QH and myself were talking about our preparations for the trip. When I told QH of what kind of clothes I would be bringing along for the trip, she highlighted that I was not bringing enough suitable clothings to keep myself warm for Aberdeen's weather. She said Aberdeen would be colder than in London. Aberdeen, according to her, is very windy and that would make the air feel more cold. So I heeded advice, and after rehearsals, I went to a shop selling warm clothings to get myself a wollen long-shelves top. I got myself two pair of woolen socks too.

Afterwhich, I went around trying to do some errands.

Now I am feeling physically tired. My body's aching.

By the way, I will be away from blogging for about three weeks. I will reach Singapore on 18 Aug 05. I have no baby-sitter for this blog, so if you have gotten accustomed to visiting my blog, I welcome you to read previous posts. I shall challenge you to see if you can weave the messages that I have been writing about in my various posts together.

Meantime, please take care.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

oh dear, i read you often, and i do not know what messages i am supposed to weave, if that's a given challenge.
i would, however, wish you great success on the 'elephant'. playing twice sounds great, and i am glad it lived up to your conductor's expectations. i am happy for you.