Saturday, July 16, 2005

Slogging on a Saturday

Today happens to be the Saturday that I was to report for work.

I am feeling tired by the end of the work week. I shall reward myself by giving myself a few cheers. I must have worked pretty hard for the week. There are still more work to be done. I wish I could have more time and a workload that is more reasonable.

Officially, the time to knock off from work on a Saturday is 12 noon. But I had only left office at slightly after 5 p.m. My lunch break was short because I decided I had to rush eating my lunch when I realised that I had overlooked writing a report that was supposed to be due preferably two days ago. I felt upset that I had actually overlooked that. When I am happily efficient and productive, my memory hardly fails me. It did today, so that seemed to be some form of indication.

After I left office, I decided to go to a shopping centre (Northpoint) nearby my office to browse for long sleeves shirts, pants and a pair of walking shoes. I got myself two long sleeves shirts.

Actually I had wanted to go to the town area. However, I was too tired to wish to travel there. I decided that I had to be kind to myself and be easier on myself after work.

I came across a money-changer and saw that the rates of Singapore dollars against UK sterling pounds. Sometimes I wish that Singapore dollars could be stronger, then travelling and living in Europe countries would have been more affordable. If I could, I hope to further my studies in one of the countries in Europe. I have yet to decide what course to take. If I have lots of money, I would not have to think so hard. I would have taken a three-years programme in visual art or photography, a two-years Masters programme in counselling or social work, and maybe sign up to study in one of the music conservatories.

Maybe I should not have been a social worker. My job pays me alright but I will not dream of becoming a millionaire if I were to remain in my current job. Now, I am lost. I do not know what life has install for me. I could only try to allow the mystery to unfold by itself.

I have slogged for the past few days of the work week. I shall take it easy and try to find time to rest this weekend. I still have to attend rehearsals tomorrow but rehearsals have often been pleasant (despite being tiring) so I still look forward to rehearsals. Maybe I have been counting on rehearsals as a way to recharge myself?

Meantime, I shall end this post before I end up talking nonsense. I am feeling a little tired now.

1 comment:

小芬 said...

I also don't really know; as in what life has in stall for me.

However I do believe that we are here to be a blessing to loved ones and people around us.

Do you really want to be a maillionaire? Or do you want to be a millionaire so that you can attain other things in life? If so, what are the other things that you ultimately want? And why not go after the things you ultimately want once you realized it?