Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Rainy day ramblings

The past few days have been rainy ones. Right here in Singapore. At least it has been rainy in the Northern part of Singapore.

It is about two weeks more before I will be in Aberdeen. I am looking forward to it. Of course, one part of me fears that there won't be a decent double bass to play on. I also fear not having chance to practise on the rented double bass before our opening concert held in Aberdeen.

It must be the rainy days. They tend to get me down a little.

It must have also been due to the rainy weather that all three of my clients who were scheduled to see me this afternoon did not show up. So I ended up using the time that had been intended to see client to write social reports instead. I am pleased to say that I have cleared several social reports. I felt more relieved after completing the social reports.

There is still more amount of work to be cleared. I hope I would be able to remain sane and clear-headed while I try to clear those work within these two weeks. Please cheer me on. Thanks in advance.

Occassionally, I try to take short breaks to try to recharge. Taking short breaks has helped.

Today is quite a long day. I reached office this morning at 8.35 a.m. and left office at 9.30 p.m. I intend to be in office early tomorrow to work on some work-related matters. To be kind to myself, I have decided not to sleep too late tonight. I needed to prevent myself from dying of fatigue.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I will be having double bass lessons with my double bass tutor and I hope to go through "The Elephant" with my tutor. I pity my dear "husband" lately. I have been so busy with work and rehearsals recently such that I don't have much time to spend with him, practising. Tomorrow is also the day for the orchestra rehearsals. I might not post tomorrow if I get home late.

Meantime, please keep safe, and take care.

2 comments:

pinkie said...

Here to cheer you on :)... remember to listen to your body, rest if you must alright...

mistipurple said...

am sure your 'dear husband' understands.
have a good day/evening and i wish you happy times with the elephant tonight!