Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Finally in "his" arms

Today I took time off from work since I have worked extra hours last week. I left office just before 4 p.m.

I went to the money changer to exchange for pounds. Afterwhich, I went to have a hair cut. Actually, it was more like a trim.

It has been a while since I took time-off from work to do something other than attend orchestra rehearsals or see to orchestra-related matters. As such, today's time-off from work felt a little different.

When I am back at home this evening, I spent about slightly more than one hour on the double bass. It felt nice to be finally back in the embrace of my dear "husband", the double bass. I went through selected passages from Mendelssohn's Fingals Cave and Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony. I find comfort playing the double bass.

Finally. It has been a while since I last played on this double bass. I felt I have neglected my husband. The past week I was so busy with work and orchestra that I did not spent much time with my husband. I spent more time with my boyfriend for the past week than with my husband.

I shall rest early tonight. Tomorrow's the day of the concert. I keep my fingers crossed that it would be a successful concert, in that we would play well and the audience would love our sharing of the music.

Finally, I just hope we won't have to play to an empty hall. But I doubt we would have to. Friends have been nice to offer their support by agreeing to attend the concert and helping to publicise for the concert.

Then again, I didn't dare to disappoint myself by asking the person-in-charge of the tickets how many tickets have been sold. Whatever the number of people who turns up tomorrow, we shall play our best anyhow. Of course, it would feel nice to have more people to share the music with.

If you like, check out the details of the concert here:

Wednesday, 27 July 2005, 7.30pm

THE BUTTERFLY LOVERS
Wednesday, 27 July 2005, 7.30pm
University Cultural Centre Hall
National University of Singapore
Tickets at $10

9 comments:

crazycat said...

ganbatte for the show tomorrow!!
:)

T.K. Chapman said...

best wishes for a great concert

mistipurple said...

rest assured, a good number has been sold. i peeped! or rather i got a look at the seats taken when i met ash. *wink*
hint: it's much more than the last figure you posted. (do i see ocean doing an elephant lumbering jig?) :p

mistipurple said...

hey i forgot to wish you, "play well tonight, we're ALL behind you!"
actually we're in front of you at the concert hall! :p

pinkie said...

hope to see you!

Emrah said...

Regarding the 8-hr difference [I guess], you must be performing at the moment. I hope you're enjoying it! All the best of luck.

Hilda said...

I hope the concert was fabulous! Tell us all about it. :-)

crazycat said...

Pei Yun, the concert was fabulous.. you played well and we enjoyed it very much! thanks for sharing your music with us!

oceanskies79 said...

Hi everyone, thank you for your well-wishes and support. I am greatly appreciative.