Sunday, July 10, 2005

Instability and ramblings

Who could tell me why there seems to be a barbecue smell lingering in the air? For goodness sake, I live in a high-rise flat unit, and one would need to climb up more than twenty-storeys to reach my unit. How did the barbecue smell get itself up so high? I think even though no one in my unit is having a barbecue picnic, our entire unit has a strong barbecue smell. Maybe I would dream of having a barbecue tonight?

I hardly have much chance to recharge for the week and soon the work week is going to start again. Anyway, I have cleared some items, and there will be more to come. I think it is hard to think clearly right now with the barbecue smell. I just hope the work week would go smoothly.

***
Please avoid me if you find that I am getting irritable. My mind is not clear right now. Maybe barbecue isn't meant to be healthy for both the body, and the mind? Maybe Stephanie could enlighten us of how to eat healthily when we go for a barbecue? I love vegetables more than meat.

***
Since it is Sunday, I shall not try to make any sense in my writing. This shall be a post full of ramblings. Instability is the general tone and mood.

***
This afternoon, Jz and his team were kind to play accompaniment for my double bass solo of Saint-Saen's The Elephant. It went generally fine, although I foresee a little more rehearsal on one of the transition parts. There is a slight change in the tempo at that transition, and that requires some work. The Elephant is quite a short piece, and before I know it, we have finished playing it.

Now, talking about instability, I recall the version of The Elephant which I had heard in March this year at the SNYO's concert's intermission. Those fine young lads and ladies from the double bass section of SNYO played The Elephant at such a fast tempo that I thought that "The Elephant" was either too overjoyed or too instable. It must have been the former. Young folks tend to find joy more easily. Maybe I would play The Elephant that way too now, if I were to lay my hands on a double bass. But it would be out of instability not of being overjoyed. I decide that I shall not touch the double bass at the current moment.


***

I don't know what to look ahead for. What would the tomorrows ahead lead me to? I have no idea, and uncertainty in itself can bring about a lot of instability.

Meantime, I think I shall battle alone in my own mysterious world. It is a little too dark to be conducive for outsiders to enter.

9 comments:

mistipurple said...

could it be coincidence? i was browsing whole day in the internet looking for a chalet and thinking bbq!! i was thinking bbq from yesterday and the day before. infact i was thinking bbq from the last one i attended, and didn't get a chance to eat!
ok, on a more serious note, we all have a dark side. i don't know if anyone would want to come to my parlour.

oceanskies79 said...

Then wait for me, and I shall look for a torch first.

mistipurple said...

you're making me smile again, ocean!

mistipurple said...

came back in to say 'thanks' for that poetry on my blog. made me see something.

pinkie said...

someone is bbqing at his/her flat?

So when are we having a BBQ, misti? :P

mistipurple said...

haha! may i borrow ocean's blog to answer pinkie! bbq!! i've been thinking for more than 7 yrs! it will be nice if all the bloggers here, local and overseas included, could attend!!
for ocean, we must have salads and fruits, so that it will not aggravate her sensitive throat with too much bbq stuff.

oceanskies79 said...

The comments here are getting more and more exciting. I like mistipurple's idea of the fruits and salads. I love fruits and vegetables. Organic ones taste very very nice.

pinkie said...

so when huh?

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your recommendations.

Since I am feeling drained.....I shall adopt a very passive attitude towards this Barbecue affair.