Friday, November 07, 2008

Lovely gifts from Australia



Quite a few weeks ago, to my surprise, I had received items that had been sent across the miles from Australia. It is delightful to find anything (except bills) for me sent via conventional mail.

Other than a lovely necklace with a pendant with dolphin designs, there was a very thoughtful book titled "Wildlife Australia" from RL.

When I was at Taronga Zoo earlier this September
, I could hardly see an awake koala. I only caught one of the koala bears opening its eyes for less than three seconds. Then it closed its eyes. Now, with the thoughtful "Wildlife Australia" from RL , I could be treated to a number of photographs of koala at their awake moments. These marsupials sleep for much of the entire day that I suppose the photographers must have spent hours waiting just to capture those special moments when the koalas are awake. Many thanks to RL for her thoughtful gifts.

I am glad that I've got in touch again with RL through Facebook, and had the pleasure to meet up with her when I was in Sydney. I'm thankful for the privilege to get to know her better as a friend, and to tour a part of Sydney with her. Thankfully, she seemed to enjoy walking as much as I do. Otherwise, I fear I may soon become very notorious for making friends walk long distance simply because I love sightseeing on foot. Whatever it is, I realised I have more precious memories of Sydney than I had imagined because she has taken the care and effort to lend me her company while I was there.

Many thanks again to RL for her gifts and her invaluable gift of friendship. All these are unexpected gifts that have touched my heart in special ways.

No comments: