Monday, October 24, 2005

Breakfast Delight

Breakfast at the Conrad Centennial Singapore's Oscar's Cafe has always been something good to look forward to. Yesterday's breakfast there was no exception.

I met J., J.'s father and T. for breakfast at the Oscar's Cafe yesterday morning. T. was held up so he joined us slightly later. Managed to find some time to show them the photos that I had took at Aberdeen. Then we also caught up with each other.

T. is now teaching in the Junior College that T., J. and myself had once studied in. While T. gave us update about our ex-school, we also spoke about the good old days that we have spent in the junior college. That school was where the three of us first got to know each other. I remember J. as one of the kindest person who tried to make friends with yours truly who was struggling to adjust to the new school environment. T. is a patient friend who lends a ear and patiently taught J. and myself in-line skating. Good to have friends like them.

I enjoyed the breakfast at Conrad Centennial Singapore's Oscar's Cafe. More selection of food has been added to the buffet menu. I like the potato masala, it has a nice fragrance. The quiche tastes good too. J. recommended me to try the cottage cheese, and it was pretty nice. The cottage cheese went well with preserved fruits. I still love the fruit juices there.

J. and myself as usual sampled the cheese. However, we could not find any cracker to sample the cheese with on the counters. While I was looking around for cracker, one of the waiters so attentively came up and asked how he could be of help. I made my request known and he later returned to serve us some crackers. Good service, right?

Even if breakfast was shortlived, it was lovely. Maybe if Oscar's Cafe could give me a special privilege membership that entitles me to the breakfast buffet at special rates, you would probably find me patronising the cafe pretty often.

No comments: