Saturday, October 11, 2008

16 Sep 2008: Breathtaking Blue Mountains



The train took me to Katoomba, and I headed to a visitors' centre to exchange for a copy of the Explorer Bus guide book. This guide book doubled up as my bus ticket for the day. The Explorer Bus allows its passengers to travel about 30 different stops around the Leura and Katoomba area.

It was a pretty windy day, and was rather cold. I eventually had to buy myself a pair of gloves before hopping onto the Explorer Bus so that I could better bear with the cold. Strangely, when it was rather hot at certain parts of the Blue Mountain.



I am glad that I visited Blue Mountains on my own. This gave me quite a lot of autonomy to plan my routes. In addition, I get to put myself to a challenge of travelling about the mountains on my own. I am happy to share that I have been able to travel about Blue Mountains, with the help of modern transport facilities like the Explorer Bus, the Scenic Skyway, Scenic Railway and Scenic Cableway, on my own. Travelling about Blue Mountains on my own made me realised that I was stronger and more independent than I had thought of myself.

The sceneries at Blue Mountains were breathtaking. Those were sights that I would not get to see in my own country, Singapore.

For the information-savy people, according to Wikipedia, "Blue Mountains is a mountainous region in New South Wales, Australia, which borders Sydney's metropolitan area". "The name Blue Mountains, is derived from the blue tinge the range takes on when viewed from a distance".

I don't know how to best describe my visit to Blue Mountains in words. Maybe the photos that I have taken could fill me in?

Walking along the Scenic Walkway, an elevated timber boardwalk.


Learning to muster one's courage to walk ahead on my own, while keeping safe.


Beautiful flora of Blue Mountains.




Human beings are small in comparison to the magnificent mountains.




I like how the shadows cast themselves on the grass in this photo.


Do you wish you could be there too?

No comments: