Thursday, March 22, 2007

Music from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest


My double bass desk partner at the orchestra was telling me that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is a good movie. However, woes were mine for I did not even bother myself with movie-watching and have hence never watched this movie.

What is this movie about?

Actually, I realised that I won't be interested to know this movie unless doing so would help me play the Symphonic Highlights From Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Muisc by Hans Zimmer, adapted by Paul Lavendel(?) better.

For the second half of the double bass sectional this week, and during this weeks ochestra rehearsal, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest was the work that I was playing. Basically, I should say I was sight-reading this work since I had only received the scores at about 5.40 p.m. this Wednesday.

Looking back, I feel very glad the double bass sectional with double bass tutor, GM, has helped a great deal. He gave very good insights on how to manage the fairly challenging rhythms found in this work. I have still a lot to learn in order to reach his level of musicianship. I was greatly impressed how he was sight-reading this work, and was able to play everything with accurate rhythms on the piano (when the double bass is his principal instrument).

While I find the rhythms very challenging to me, it is actually a great idea that my orchestra's conductor wants to attempt this work. That way, I have all the reason to work on my sense of rhythm.

As best as I am aware, the orchestra should be playing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest for our upcoming concert in August or September 2007. Details shall be released at a much later date.

In case you have yet to hear the sound tracks from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, here's an URL to visit:
http://disney.go.com/disneyrecords/soundtracks/pirates2/index.html

I think I will become a master in counting in triplets after a few months of playing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Basically, swing!

If you like to listen to us playing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, please check this blog for more information sometime in August this year.

**
Also visit:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FTCF2M/disney-20/

No comments: